- * Principal Legal Adviser to the Head of State, Cabinet and the Prime Minister
- * Responsible for all Civil proceedings involving Government
- * Responsible for all Criminal proceedings
- * Protector of the Judiciary
- * Drafting Legislation
- * Common law protector of charitable trusts.
There are five legal divisions (Legislative Drafting, Civil Litigation and Opinions, Commercial and International Law, Criminal Prosecutions – District Court, and Criminal Prosecutions – Supreme Court) and the Corporate Services Division
Our Postal Address:
Office of the Attorney General
P.O. BOX 27
Hours of Operation:
Monday — Friday: 9:00 am — 5:00 pm
* All correspondence must be addressed to the Attorney General
There are five divisions (Legislative Drafting, Civil Litigation and Opinions, Commercial and International Law, Criminal Prosecutions, and Corporate Services). All these Divisions work together to achieve the results and performance measures expected of this Office each year.
There are plans in the pipeline for the legal divisions to be headed by Deputy Attorney General.
Phone: (+685) 20295/ 20296
Fax: (+685) 22118